Friday, September 29, 2006

First Days.


My room upon arrival. It looks much better now. My friend, fellow teacher, and soon to be neighbor, Mundo Cruz and I have painted non-stop for the last 2 weeks to make it all come together. He is awesome and I am so excited to work with him and the other teachers!

Here are the classrooms. My apt. is on the floor above them and across from them is the kitchen. A guy named Pipi (apparently the named originated from his name Pedro and a problem he had as a child) who lived in another Casa Hogar (children’s home) where Gator and Deanna used to work is doing the tile floors. It’s so cool to see one of the kids all grown up with children. These are coming along…hopefully to be ready by the time school starts, August 28th!


Here is the delectable view from my porch. I love it! See that bright orange? Yes our WHOLE building is that color. It continues to illuminate the neighborhood for up to 2 hours past sunset.

This is the awesome gym that sits at the back of the school property. We play some mean fútbol here. Ok…THEY play some mean fútbol here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home