Tuesday, October 10, 2006

September 2006

First of all I wanted to share this interesting picture....don't worry no crime has been committed here. Life-sized pinatas in trunks.....Only in a border town....


What's pictured here is evidence of God's grace and the fact that this is HIS school and He DOES provide! Most of you know my desperate prayers for curriculum. God answered that prayer and left me awestruck. A representative for Hampton-Brown Publishers whom I phoned about possibly ordering from, just so happened (yeah right, God's sovereignty) to have a storage unit in McAllen (the border town to Reynosa) with extra materials that they are permitted to donate. I expected a few books and resources here and there.....but LOOK at this! A program from 1st-6th grade, that does not require student text books (Hallelujah!-a HUGE expense), over 600 picture cards, books, posters, 2 complete programs (worth over $600 each!), etc. I drove away shocked and in awe of answered prayer. Doesn't our Father give good gifts to His children?! WOW! Thank you Hampton-Brown representatives!

The month of September is the patriotic month. The 15th and 16th celebrate Mexican Independence day. Here we are partying at school to celebrate. How about my braids huh? I almost look Mexican. :) ...Almost. (That is Yaneth with me in the picture)


Here we are downtown for the big "Grito" or "Yell". When all the Mexicans were called to arms to fight at midnight they all yelled "Viva Mexico!" So every 16th at midnight people gather and scream. We went for the cultural experience, but missed the "Grito". oops. Here we all are in front of what I think is the courthouse.
Eva thought it absolutely necessary that I take a picture among the sea of short, dark haired people. There were well over 2,000 people there, and I think I was the only tall, blonde American. Everytime I'm in public I have to keep reminding myself that if I were them, I would be staring, too. :) (Not sure what Roberto is pointing at...but no, it is not my stomach.)
OH and we lost Opal at one point and if it weren't for cell phones we would have been lost forever in the ocean of brown ponytails.
Again, the courthouse.

Eva and I dancing to the music at the Grito...I love her.

Deanna and Gator went to Alabama for 2 weeks and brought back gifts. The boys got fake moustaches. How cute is that? The first picture is Irvin and Arturo.
The second "Los Guapos del Barrio"--Edgar, Irvin, Arturo, Angel and Gilberto.
Want to see a video of these guys....? Go to http://www.myspace.com/miriammw .

3 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger GloryandGrace said...

YAY for Blogspot!! I'm so glad you keep one now. I have blogspot as well, and can't even access myspace at work, so I was glad to get your email that you're using blogspot as well.

Thanks for the updates and I'm glad to hear things are going so well. That IS amazing about the free cirriculum you were given :)

Grace and peace,
J.Bass
--GloryandGrace--

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Finally an Abrigg..... said...

mirm, you need to let me know earlier next time you get a blog. okay. i love you.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Trae said...

I love it, great pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home